Now that summer is all but over, it's about time for some updates...what do you think?! :)
-OUR SALT LAKE TRIP-

Took the kids to Build-a-Bear (or pony!) Lauren took one look at this & that was that!

Ben with his giggling puppy! (
We maybe should have put the 'bark' in it, but the giggle was too cute...hopefully we don't confuse the kid!)

These 2 are kissin' the hearts before they stuff 'em inside...so cute!


-BRIGHAM CITY TEMPLE-

We were fortunate enough to go to the Brigham City Temple Groundbreaking ceremonies...we are SO EXCITED for the temple & are glad we can be around for the construction of it & to let our kids have that experience - we are so blessed to have a temple so close to home - can't wait!

Thanks for coming with us April! Lauren
adores you!

My Boys! (adorable, aren't they?!)
-BEST BUDDIES-
Ben & Miles - we're so glad to have Wade, Kali, & Miles back close to home! These 2 are gonna be best buddies!

Ben & Grandpa Ron
-24TH OF JULY-
Lauren had lots of fun at Mendon's 24th of July celebration, even after a day of hiking!
-WHITE PINE-

Jake thought it would be fun to hike in & camp-out at White Pine by Tony
Grove...keep in mind, I've NEVER been backpacking (overnight) before + we've got 2 KIDS! Maybe I'm a wuss, but it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience...(meaning, I'll never do THAT again!) Don't get me wrong - we had a blast, especially going with Josh, JaLynn, & family...I'm just not cut out for that kind of stuff! :)

Lauren was a good sport...she walked most of the way herself! (JaLynn's sis was nice & carried her down the easiest part - lucky girl!)

I hauled Ben up in the Kelty...he loved every minute of it!

Ben is so close to walking! He's taking 4-5 steps on his own - still just a little hesitant...

Nathan, KaitLynn, Lauren & Ben...they all had so much fun (
of course they didn't have packs on their backs - it was all fun & games for them - I wanna be a kid again!)

Perfect photo op - as much as I complain, it was
BEAUTIFUL up there - I could go again, but just for a day hike!

Getting ready to hike out & head back home!

I think Josh got tired of Lauren slowing us all down on the way out, so he packed her on his shoulders, along with a 60+ lb pack on his back...THANKS Josh!

Ben sure loves his food,
however, we have recently discovered some major food allergies, so it puts a small snag in his eating habits...but we'll deal with it!
This is only the last 1/2 of our summer...we've been very busy!
Our computer crashed though, so my pictures are no longer easily accessible - so just details, no pics for the rest of our fun summer!
-We went to Island Park & Yellowstone with Scott & family - had lots of fun & even saw a few bears! It was still a little chilly up there, but glad we went.
-We went to Bear Lake with Josh & family; it was fun, but VERY windy. Ben seemed to enjoy the sand & the water. Lauren on the other hand, not so much. She thought the lake was the ocean & that it was very dangerous - we had a hard time getting her out into the water.
-We went on a few small hikes up Logan Canyon, Wind Caves included - Lauren did so good & hiked the whole way!
-Went up to Twin Falls to visit Jessica & family...Lauren & Charlie are best buddies!
I
think that's our summer so far...we've done so much, but there's so much I still would like to do-Hogle Zoo, Dinosaur Park, Swimming...just to name a few, not to mention what's already planned...Heber, Lagoon, Ben's 1st Birthday!, Jake's Birthday, then a trip to Disneyland for me & Jake!
(shhshh...don't tell the kids!)
YEAH PICTURES!!!! looks like you guys are having loads of fun!!! And oh my gosh Ben is so big and what a cutie!! Lauren is a doll and she looks just like u!!! MISS U!!!
ReplyDelete